Breaking News: 8 Children Possibly Sickened by Pot Gummies at Sun Valley School

Eight children were taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after they may have eaten marijuana gummies at a school in Sun Valley, officials said.

The incident was reported around 1:20 p.m. at 7330 N. Bakman Avenue, where Sun Valley Magnet School is, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Officials said the patients were being checked for “sudden illness” after eating what is thought to be chewable marijuana. They were all alive and breathing.

ALSO READ: Michigan’s Marijuana Industry: Increase In Supply and Decrease In Prices

These boys and girls are between 12 and 16 years old. Five were taken to a hospital for more treatment, and three were given back to their parents at the scene.

Officials said that the kids were found sick on campus, but it was not clear if they were students.

“It is still up to LAUSD officials to confirm how each person may be connected to the campus,” LAFD said in an updated alert.

Aerial footage from Sky5 showed that several LAFD units were sent to the school.

Marijuana and marijuana-based edibles are widely available in cannabis stores across California, where voters made recreational use legal in 2016.


Mohit Sharma

About Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like


‘All this silliness’ - UK cannabis chocolate bar case dropped

A couple who faced drug charges over cannabis-laced chocolate bars have had the case against them dropped. Prosecutors said they

Testing lab shut down over contaminated weed

A cannabis testing lab in Las Vegas has been shut down after it approved products with unacceptable levels of mould,